I've had a few runs of the performance appraisal for my annual salary increment.. quite interesting that this year I'm appraised by someone I won't even report to and won;t even work with me during the previous project.. But anyway, since this is one of the requirements for annual appraisal, I finally did the appraisal with the project manager from my previous project..
While I was in Starbucks with my laptop checking out the blog of mine, I also have to vet thru the two Appraisal sheets that need to be filled with the marks or points that rates myself during the appraisal.. and among the questions are:
Form 1 - Key Performance Area
1. To perform the duties as a Functional Consultants in a Project/Support Roles
2. To ensure all documentation are done in a timely manner and of high quality following the company/project’s standards.
3. Strive the best while performing the tasks assigned while ensuring the image and performance of the project and company. Any ad-hoc assignments given from time to time.
** I rated myself 8 for all for all those 3 areas i need to perform, which is described as 'Slightly Below Superior'. Heheh! I believe in what I do and I can fight for it if someone questioned me why I put 8 for all the 3 questions.. And the Project Manager agreed with that.. hehehe!
Form 2 - Key Competencies
1. Job Knowledge - 7/9 - agreed
2. Planning & Organising - 8/9 - agreed
3. Influencing (Leadership)- 6/9 - agreed
4. Decision Making - 6/9 - agreed
5. Delegation - 7/9 - agreed
6. Interpersonal Sensitivity - 7/9 - agreed
7. Communication - 7/9 - agreed
8. Teamwork - 8/9 - agreed
9. Client's Satisfaction - 8/9 - agreed
10. Work Quality and Productivity - 8/9 - agreed
11. Creativity and Innovation - 7/9 - he put me 6/9, which I agreed after his justification.
*** It seems that the rating that I put is within his personal appraisal, and I think I have delivered well enough in the past years based on my appraisal. The points that I got is at the satisfactory rate, which is at the level of 'More Than Adequate'..
It's so relaxing at the cafe here.. with a nice wall mural.. .. while sitting peacefully at a very comfortable red sofa of Starbucks while sipping the refreshing grande Iced Chocolate, I guess now, I'm happy with the appraisal.. and I do hope to get a good increment and bonus this year...