Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Performance Appraisal

I've had a few runs of the performance appraisal for my annual salary increment.. quite interesting that this year I'm appraised by someone I won't even report to and won;t even work with me during the previous project.. But anyway, since this is one of the requirements for annual appraisal, I finally did the appraisal with the project manager from my previous project..
While I was in Starbucks with my laptop checking out the blog of mine, I also have to vet thru the two Appraisal sheets that need to be filled with the marks or points that rates myself during the appraisal.. and among the questions are:
Form 1 - Key Performance Area
1. To perform the duties as a Functional Consultants in a Project/Support Roles
2. To ensure all documentation are done in a timely manner and of high quality following the company/project’s standards.
3. Strive the best while performing the tasks assigned while ensuring the image and performance of the project and company. Any ad-hoc assignments given from time to time.
** I rated myself 8 for all for all those 3 areas i need to perform, which is described as 'Slightly Below Superior'. Heheh! I believe in what I do and I can fight for it if someone questioned me why I put 8 for all the 3 questions.. And the Project Manager agreed with that.. hehehe!

Form 2 - Key Competencies
1. Job Knowledge - 7/9 - agreed
2. Planning & Organising - 8/9 - agreed
3. Influencing (Leadership)- 6/9 - agreed
4. Decision Making - 6/9 - agreed
5. Delegation - 7/9 - agreed
6. Interpersonal Sensitivity - 7/9 - agreed
7. Communication - 7/9 - agreed
8. Teamwork - 8/9 - agreed
9. Client's Satisfaction - 8/9 - agreed
10. Work Quality and Productivity - 8/9 - agreed
11. Creativity and Innovation - 7/9 - he put me 6/9, which I agreed after his justification.
*** It seems that the rating that I put is within his personal appraisal, and I think I have delivered well enough in the past years based on my appraisal. The points that I got is at the satisfactory rate, which is at the level of 'More Than Adequate'..
It's so relaxing at the cafe here.. with a nice wall mural.. .. while sitting peacefully at a very comfortable red sofa of Starbucks while sipping the refreshing grande Iced Chocolate, I guess now, I'm happy with the appraisal.. and I do hope to get a good increment and bonus this year...

3 comments:

Abu Ikhlas said...

mr ınvısıble
Appraisal egreed aje....ni mesti boss sayang sebab no komen....carı makan kan...hehehehhe

Abu Ikhlas said...

mr ınvısıble
Appraisal egreed aje....ni mesti boss sayang sebab no komen....carı makan kan...hehehehhe

NIKO75 said...

heheeh! that's what makes me so happy! Seems like the appraisal goes on smoothly.. which I didn't expect at all.. Thanks for visiting anyway!