Friday, October 3, 2008

The Raya Cooking

It's the nite of raya.. and I'm sure my granny and mom and the rest of aunties were cooking rendang and ketupat and dishes for raya tomorrow.. and I was still on my way back to kampung.. The moment I arrived, which was about 2am on the raya nite, it came to my surprises that they kitchen was in mess, and they haven't started cooking anything but rendang.. and at about 4am, the kitchen suddenly became havoc with my mom and several other aunties, cooking for the raya dishes.. So I was sleepy, but looking at the kitchen full of the people, and the havoc that they made, makes me wanna join them, and I did.. they were cooking Nasi Biryani for tomorrow's Doa Selamat compete with Ayam Kampung Masak Merah and matching jelatah..
I have to start the fire from the coal stove, which my uncle ended up doing.. hehehwhile on another side, my mom was busy cutting up the necessary stuff for food preparation.. and the big pot ready for cooking.. and as they started cooking, I can see them putting stuff in the pot.. and then I don't know what happen already, as I fall asleep in the kitchen right in the middle of havoc.. ZZZZzzzzzzzzz...

No comments: