Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Fulfilling Saturday

I'm still on my flu medication.. and the head was still so heavy when I woke up this morning.. I just felt like not moving anywhere.. just stay put and relax my weak body.. when soon I realized that I got a few missed call from my mom.. yeahhh.. my parents are in town.. and being sick made me forgot that I hafta drive around town doing errants for them..
Mom asked my help to drive her to her friend's house to a small housewarming party.. and when she mentioned about the dishes that's gonna be served here.. I suddenly smiled.. and immediately made myself free for the party.. yeah.. there's gonna be Nasi Dagang and Nasi Minyak the Terengganu style.. and it's been a while since I last treated myself the Nasi Dagang..
The place is in Wangsa Maju, a huge ass 3 storey, split level bungalow like house.. very nice house which costs half a million 2 years ago.. and the market value will surely increase now.. ok.. enough about the house.. now the food! The Nasi Dagang served was really good.. as it is made by Terengganu people, the spices and taste really blended well.. makes the Nasi Dagang made superbly fine.. even better than some Nasi Dagang you can find in Terengganu..The Nasi Minyak also tasted good.. and if one asked why I mentioned Nasi Minyak Terengganu style, I would say it is different from the normal Nasi Minyak.. the rice not so creamy, unlike the normal nasi Minyak, and it comes with the matching gravy which can only be found in Ganu.. makes it's taste so unique and yummy..
It's all about makan.. and it's all about nasi.. I know I shouldn't be so overwhelming with rice-based food now, but the rare opportunities shouldn't be missed out.. good food are forever.. hahahh!

No comments: