Friday, November 13, 2009

Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely...

"Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling I need to walk with?
Tell me why
I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart..."

The Backstreet Boys' song was on the air while I was driving back from work today.. I started singing the song in the car.. and continue to sing it even after the song finished.. and suddenly it strikes me that I feel so lonely lately..I don't know why.. lately loneliness always strikes me quite frequent.. Researched says that people feel lonely for a number of reasons, such as not having enough friends, not knowing how to be close to the people you know, or not being accepted by those you try to befriend. Well, in my case, I don't think it's quite true.. I have quite a number of people around me that matters.. I enjoyed their companies, I have time for myself, I valued my personal time and spent it to the max.. but I still am lonely inside.. empty! Why do I hafta feel that way? Everyone experiences loneliness. Some humans are more socially accepted. Some who try to be social remain socially rejected, and some have difficulty even trying. I know for the facts that loneliness can lead to depression if not handled properly.. Stress can also lead to depression if not managed properly..
May be I just need a little more of getting to know myself a little bit more, make myself close to god.. and as much as possible try to enjoy the fullest out of what life has to offer. Or may be it's the sign of me to get married soon, have a brand new life, to have a family and to hold a proper responsibilities any man would do at my age.. God knows!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betul ke kawin boleh settled???

NunaAnilsah said...

Can't believe I'm commenting this on 2011..maybe you're not lonely anymore..but i'm feeling what you feel..the out of nowhere loneliness..

Natalia said...

I feel that way as if I was empty just hoping that someone will come and take that feeling away from me, sometimes I feel loved, but people dont love the same way as we love them, we just don't receive what we expect from them... it's weird, i just dont know u.u

And that difference sometimes makes me feel alone :s..

NIKO75 said...

I beleive any normal human being feels that kind of loneliness.. even a clown can get lonely sometimes despite their all time happiness.. question is how to manage it efficiently.. sometimes we just hafta let loneliness fill our day so that we can be alone, start thinking and evaluating all the things that happened in life.. and sort things out quickly.. and get back to the real world.. easy said huhh? Well, guilty as charged.. I'm too still trying to fulfill that.. hehehe