Thursday, October 22, 2009

Movies => Papadom & Pandorum

Wednesday = Movie nite.. and this time 2 movies in a row..
PANDORUM

Synopsis:
When two men emerge from a deep sleep in the middle of space, they discover that they have no memories of who they are and where they're going. But their memory loss pales in comparison to the problem of the murderous warriors on board their ship who don't want to leave anyone alive.***
At first I thought it's a tamil movie by looking at the title, plus the way my friend pronouced it was a bit funny.. Anyway, Pandorum is one confuse movie as I went in quite late.. causing me to wonder what's going on and stuff.. but the overall movie isn't that bad actually..

PAPADOM Synopsis:
Could a loving husband fulfill his late wife's wishes? This movie tells a tale of Saadom who is a successful Nasi Kandar businessman in Pulau Pinang. His wife's last wish before passing away is for him to take good care of their daughter Mia. From a busy businessman who is so infatuated with his Nasi Kandar business, Saadom changes into a dependable father who is very much focused on his daughter's life. As Mia, grows up she gets a bit annoyed with her father's endless care and devotion towards her which at times seem too much to handle. A huge dilemma arises as Mia is all grown up and ready for University life. Saadom then panics as he has no idea how to fulfill his late wife's wishes while she's away.***
Papadom is a Malay movie which I was forced to accompany my friend to watch.. never mind as my friend is paying and I thought I can sleep in the movie, but it turned out to be quite an entertaining movie intead.. cool movie by Afdlin Shauki!

No comments: